Saturday, November 26, 2011

Hello all
It is Saturday before Thanksgiving; the shopping for dinner is done. So I afforded myself a little time to build something that my husband has not had time to do with school and work.  So here it is. I made a set of desk shelves to help with the clutter that always seems to end up on my desk.  I have not built anything in at least 100 years so not to bad I don't guess? However I must say I had a little help from my son who decided that Dad's way is always better. I think he understands now that people do things differently and things must be done in a way that the person who is building them can use their strengths best to suit them.
p.s. the new tool was not of any help on this project :(
 
Here are my new shelves

I think the next endeavor will be a new headboard for his bed. What he has now is just make shift and I don't like it. We will see how time permits through the upcoming weeks. I must get back to my art journaling also as I have several projects to finish before the Christmas holiday is upon us.

Speaking of Christmas we are having somewhat of an old fashion Christmas. I am making some items by hand and making sure that everyone remembers what the true meaning of Christmas is about.
Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas they would like to share for other people?
It would be interesting to see what other people would do.
Let's keep it easy, friendly and in the true spirit of Christmas. That would be fun don't you think?

I'll start....
One year I made the children Quillows and they carried them around for years.
I have included a link on what a Quillow is, (it is just a blanket with a pillow pocket on one side). Great for families with kids who travel to Grandma's house for the holiday.
What is a Quillow is youtube explanation of what they are.
This one is how to fold a quillow
How to fold a Quillow is youtube instructions how to fold a quillow
There are instructions all over the Internet on how to make them and that depends on how fancy you would like to get.

I know some people that crochet well enough they could just add a pocket size piece and make a crocheted quillow.

Making things can be a great stress reliever, and gives you a great sense of accomplishment, at least it does for me. I am on a path of rediscovery remembering how talented and creative I used to be. Well I never really stopped I just told myself I did not have time any more. So I felt like I could not remember what creativity was and how it seemed to come so naturally years ago. Well I am slowly but surely finding it piece by piece learning how not to be afraid to try something new or something old for that matter and remembering no one will dislike me because I made a mistake. Besides who would really know except me, myself & I. If I don't like it I don't have to tell anyone else about it now do I? :) Hide it with paint, start over or pretend it never happened is my motto.
We are here to enjoy ourselves right? Looking forward to new posts with new ideas.

                                Happy crafting, enjoy what you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment